What items are prohibited on Etsy?
There are some types of items that we don't allow in Etsy's marketplace, even if they are legal and otherwise meet Etsy's selling criteria. Some things just aren't in the spirit of Etsy. The following types of items may not be listed on Etsy:
- Tobacco and other smokeable products
- Drugs, medical drug claims about an item, drug paraphernalia
- Live animals
- Items made from certain animals, including, but not limited to, those animals deemed endangered or threatened under the US Endangered Species Act. Please see this FAQ for more information.
- Ivory or bones from ivory-producing animals such as whales or elephants (except for qualifying authentic articles of Native Alaskan crafts). Please see this FAQ for more information.
- Human remains or body parts (excluding hair and teeth)
- Weapons, including firearms and certain imitation firearms. Please see this FAQ for more information.
- Hazardous materials (for example: flammable, explosive, corrosive, poisonous, etc.)
- Recalled items
- Real estate
- Motor vehicles (for example: automobiles, motorcycles, boats, travel trailers, etc.)
- Items or listings that promote, support or glorify hatred toward or otherwise demean people based upon: race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, disability, or sexual orientation; including items or content that promote organizations with such views
- Items or listings that promote or support illegal activity or instruct others to engage in illegal activity
- Items or listings that promote, support or glorify acts of violence or harm towards self or others